Another week with an absolute TON of new information. I enjoyed it though. I was most eager to read about development in late adolescence, but that segment of the reading didn't go nearly as in depth as the others. For example, what strategies exist for dealing with egocentrism in adolescents? How does that egocentrism effect the learning process?
I decided to take notes this week on my Mac, since I used my studet loan money to buy it. Due to stolen Office software issues, I can't access them anymore. So I might get some of this wrong. But one thing that I found interesting was the Zone of Proximal Development. I'd like to learn more about how you assess what a child's Zone is. Also, we learned that the ZPD varies widely in different children. Why is this so?
So, if I'm designing a unit to teach students how to distinguish between and evaluate different sources of information, I will want to design it in such a way as to gradually give them less structure and guidance. It would be nice to see examples of class or unit design that does this sort of thing effectively.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment