I want to design a lesson or unit that teaches students of history to distinguish between different types of source materials and assess their merit. What I'm thinking of is sort of a "Historiography for Beginners" geared toward high school students.
I'd like the unit to be almost entirely internet-based and student-driven. I want my students to know where to look for sources and recognize bias in their sources.
I am assuming that most of my students will not go on to study history in any formal manner, and thus teaching them historiography is not my main objective. However, all of my students will have access to the internet and nearly infinite information. Regardless of what career or course of study they will pursue, being able to sort through and assess the value of the vast amount of information available to them will be essential.
That's really all I have so far, but I'm excited about this and would welcome your comments or suggestions.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment